Over Memorial weekend, we went to an ultra-sound studio to find out the sex of our new baby. Yes, it's a boy! We're both very excited, especially now that we've settled on a name. Anyone that has known us for a while knows that I love the name Jack. It was my grandpa's name and just generally a favorite of mine. Jason, on the other hand, has never liked this name EVER. This name has been an ongoing conversation since we got married. I have been trying to convince Jason for the last 5 years that he can get over his issue with this name. I haven't always played fair in trying to convince him. I would always tell anyone who asked, and who didn't ask, about how much I love this name, and that Jason won't ever let me use that name. Anyways, once we found out we were having a boy, the discussion became very real. Finally, I gave in. After all, like my mom said, Jason doesn't get stubborn on too many things (it's true, he really doesn't) and so if there is anything he could be stubborn about, it's the name of his first born son. I agreed, and gave up on Jack... even to the point that we were calling this baby "Not-Jack." As the story continues, the other night I was asking Jason about potential names because I need to know before the kid gets here. And, he put his head down and said, "I have something to tell you. I had a revelation." He then tells me about how a woman from his job that had just had a baby came to visit his work and show off her new son. He said as soon as he saw this baby boy, he just thought "Jack, dangit" (maybe a little more explicit then dangit). So, our new addition is now officially Jack Herschel Hafen. Herschel is his dad's and grandpa's name. And, I can say for the record, that I didn't force my husband into using this name.
I can't post without adding latest pictures, so here's some from Disneyland and Memorial Day.
Kimball laughing hysterically at a pit stop on the way up to Midway for Memorial Day. There's nothing more fun than your baby's laugh.
This is just a random sampling, I'll have to do a Part II of this week. It was very eventful and we had a lot of fun with everyone.
5 comments:
Yeah for Jack!
Okay, so Kimball's laugh is absolutely adorable, but I was laughing my head off at Jason! That was funny! I'm glad your doing Jack, it is a great name.
CONGRATS you two!! (Good grief, how often do you go to Disneyland? Take us next time for Pete's sake!;)) When are we hanging out next? (When do you feel up to it?) Hooray for a boy!
Yay for Jack!!
Can't wait to see you guys in a month! Mandy start taking pictures of that vinyl PLEASE!
Love you all!
I beg to differ. There are few things more fun than watching your child make his child laugh
Post a Comment