I got a phone call from my sister Cally, who lives in SLC, on Thurs. saying she was on her way to the hospital because she was dilated at a 3 and 90% effaced. I was a little worried because she was only 34/35 weeks pregnant at that point. So, I offered to come up (Jason doesn't have to work on fridays, so it was possible) and she said sure. So we packed up within and hour, proving that we can still be young and spontaneous with a kid, and headed up to St.George that night, to be up in SLC the next day. Cally had to spend the night in the hospital on some anti-contraction medication, and steroids for her baby's lungs. She was allowed to leave the hospital on Friday, because there had been no changes. So she and Nate, her husband, came up to my parents house to hang out. By Saturday afternoon she was having contractions again, probably because of a very long walk up Memorial Hill that morning. Well, my mom and I were watching and timing her contractions. My mom finally said you better get down to the hospital (a 45 min drive). So she and Nate headed down, with my parents 20 mins behind them. I got a call about 1 hr later saying she was 5 cent. dilated and probably going to have Owen that night. I asked her if she wanted me to come down on a scale of 1-10, and she said 10, you're my big sis get down here.
I got there about 2 and 1/2 hours before little Owen was born. It was amazing watching my little sister labor without any medication and deliver this perfect (but tiny - 5 lbs 5 oz. 18 in.) little boy. I was flattered to be there to see it. Cally... you are a CHAMP! Welcome to the world OWEN! Cally and Nate had joked about him being born on saturday because his birthday would be 6/7/8, pretty clever. And Cally, being the person that she is, made sure it happened. He was born at 11:55pm. Just in time for an easy birthday to remember. Now Jason wants our son to be born on 10/9/8. I doubt it, but we'll see. CONGRATS CALLY and NATE! Enjoy Owen. Jack is just 5 mos behind him.


Sorry I don't have better pics. Cally and Nate had some good ones on their camera, so until Cally buckles under peer pressure and starts a blog, these will have to do.
4 comments:
OOOHHH! That is so awesome! Yeah for Owen and fun for you, you got to be there! I just saw him today and he is a cutie.
Aww he's so cute and tiny! Thanks for posting pics.
I think I've already asked you this before, but in case I forget, can you tell me Kimball's(and your)birthdays. Since there are some new additions since I last got them all. Thanks
Thanks for posting the photos of Owen so that we can see him. Can't wait to meet him in person at the 4th. Hope all is well. Congrats Cally!
Post a Comment