
Some of you may be wondering why Jason's smile is SO big in this picture, especially standing in front of UNLV, where he has been attending school for the last 5 years. Let me explain this weird phenomenon. Just before this picture was taken, Jason had attended his last class and given his last presentations for his masters degree. What, his MASTERS DEGREE? YES!!! Jason is officially done with all of the requirements to receive his Masters of Public Administration. I am so proud of him. He definitely endured through a series of mid-semester crisis, various presentations, a couple all-nighters, lots of papers, group projects, and tons of other homework to earn this achievement. And, all the while giving me (his clingy wife) all the love and devotion that I demand, AND giving his child all the love and attention that she needs. What an amazing man I have married. I truly am a very lucky lady. Now, time for a PhD, you ask? Jason says "not in this decade, but we'll see what the future holds."
Kimball, not wanting to be out done by her father, wanted to demonstrate her own big achievement of the week. Watch and be amazed.
Yes, she can open the doors in our house. Remind me to thank the builder for putting the door handles so low. For her next trick, she's working on the light switches, which are also very low in our house. She amazes us with her new talents.
I don't really have any huge achievements for this week to post about... However, I do think every time I manage to walk up my stairs is pretty notable. But, I'm definitely NOT going to put any videos of me huffing and puffing my pregnant belly up those stinkin' stairs.
Oh, one more. Miracle of miracles. The Hafen family managed to take a family picture today... and (drum roll please) EVERYONE was there. Yes, that is the miracle part. So, without further delay, for your viewing pleasure, I present... The Lowell Hafen Family.
9 comments:
I love how Kimball just stands there after she opens the door and is like, "Yeah, no big." Super cute!
Well there is good and bad with being able to reach and open the doors. The bad I'm sure you know, the good, when she shuts herself in she can get out!! What a cute little girl!
Woohoo to Jason!! we are so proud!!! It is not easy to get a Masters with a family at home!! and cheers to the family picture! are we good for another 3 years now??
YEA JASON!!!! And yea Kimball! And we aren't good for another three years since the picture will be outdated in October, then again in December. Start thinking about the color scheme for next Easter!
Congratulations Jason! Sorry about Kimball's new "trick". Just more "watch out" moments for mommy; like you need any more of those. :) Mandy, when are you do, again? And when are we going to hang out again? Jason's done with school so it's party time! :) But seriously, let me know.
I made David watch the video. She is too cute. Put it on her to-do list to teach Ashton to walk in just 11 days. When are you guys heading up to Midway? Thursday night or Friday? We'll be there on Thursday so get your buns up there! Tell Jay to take a half day on Thursday. I'll call you tomorrow to beg.
hurray for Jason!!! I knew when Kimball started to walk there would be know stopping her she has the wandering spirit of her Father.
Next she will be visiting Logan on her own.
Jason- Wow! Congratulations and I good work on that masters. Aren't you glad to finally be done with school! You two should do something fun to celebrate...hurry before that baby comes! -Kim
Oh my gosh Mandy! It's been forever, like a whole year since Swiss Days! I can't wait to see you up there next weekend. Kimball is a doll - I'm sure you and Jason have a blast with her! Anyways see you soon!
Post a Comment