Saturday, October 11, 2008

10-9-8

Who says you can't plan the day you go into labor. Ever since Jason and I found out that I was prego, Jason has always said that it would be so cool if Jack was born on 10-9-08... just because of the date. I mentioned this to my dr. a couple of months ago... and she thought that was a fabulous date and that she'd help us out with that. Well, needless to say, my dr. was true to her word, and my body being on track... I was 3-4 cm dilated and 80% effaced when she irritated my cerix the day before...
AND so *drum roll please* at 5:48am on 10/9/08, Jack Herschel Hafen made his grand debut into this world. He was 7 lbs. 12 oz. (at 2 and 1/2 weeks early) and 20 inches long. Labor didn't last too long, even though I stalled out at 6 cm. dilated for almost 2 hours, but after 45 mins of walking around, Jack decided to get here. It was a long night for me, Jason and my mom, who both took turns walking the hospital halls with me.





We can't believe how much black hair this little boy has. He was posterior during labor, but flipped just before he was delivered. I think he wanted to show-off his fro first. He also has the longest fingers we've ever seen. We think they're longer than Kimball's when she was born.

Here's our new family picture. All of a sudden, Kimball seems so big and so old.

Here's Kimball, still figuring who's who.

13 comments:

The Zoo Keeper said...

Congrats!!! We are so glad everything went so well!!! You are a superstar!!!No Drugs?!?! WOW!!! I was just telling Aaron on the night of the 8th, if Jack really is born on the 9th, we might have to have a witch trial for the two of you!!! HAHAH..That is amazing, If only I could control my kids so well!!

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

Congratulations! He is so big and cute! What's up with his fro? Is that Jason's part blackness coming through or what! We are so happy for you guys! We'll bring dinner over next week sometime!

Sammy said...

So cute! That video is awesome. Can't wait to see more pics. Mandy you are a super star. Don't wait too long to post more pics they change so fast.
Love all four of you! Way to multiply.

Kristen said...

Hee, hee! I like Natalie's "blackness" comment. You guys will have to enjoy the dark fro while you can, because between the two of you I don't think that dark hair will last. It's fun that things work out how you hoped date wise. We've experienced that and I love it!

Rachel said...

Rachel and I were talking about hanging out with you before the baby came... too late! Hope all is well and both mom and baby are great!

Jessieksj said...

AHHHHHHHHHH! I love it. I cant wait to see him in the flesh. Congrats!!

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I say there can never be too many Hafens! Jack is adorable. Doesn't it seem like Kimball should be able to talk now? But she is still just a baby herself. Good luck with that!

Kara said...

Ya congrats! You guys are a cute family! Josh is going to freak out when he comes home and his family has doubled in size. Anyway Jack is so adorable and of course so is Kimball. (oh and thanks for letting me know) jk Love you guys!

susan said...

What cute pictures. Jack looks older with all the hair. a very cute family!!!

Momma said...

Mandy and Jason, I received your address from Grama Susan and dropped right in. The pictures are adorable, what a cute family! Jack is one of the names our family has really loved! I know all old mommas say, "enjoy these precious moments, they really do go so fast." But I hope you do enjoy every moment (not the throwing up moments, hit fast forward on those)but the rest are great! Love Aunt Connie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so cute...I am so jealous of all that beautiful hair. Good job Mandy...you are a tough cookie! We hope to see him soon.
Love, Kim (& Abe too :)

jessenpetty said...

YEA!! We love babies!! Congratulations you guys! Kimball seems excited! Let's see how long it lasts! He's handsome, and I can't believe you did it without drugs. Way to go Mandy! I'm not as brave! Cute family.

janelle said...

Congratulations Mandy and Jason! Glad you got it your way! I have been waiting for the phone call to come over and check you! :)