Other than working on my new sewing skills Jason and I went to Disneyland last week (I know, big shocker). It was a well needed trip. Jason and I had just hit a little bit of a low in our rollercoaster of life, and thought we might as well go to one of the highs in our rollercoaster of life. It was a fun trip, with an exception of a bad chimichanga, and forgetting the camera. People always ask us what we do there with 2 little kids. I've decided to create a little bit of a list of all the things to do with kids that aren't big enough to go on the "fun" rides. Here's a random sampling of what fills our time (besides churros).
In Disneyland, we go on Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Train, Small World, anything in Storybook land, the Carousel, the Tiki Room, the Jungle Cruise, the petting zoo, and Roger Rabbit just to name a few. AND, in California Adventure there is the Animation room where we do Turtle Talk and watch cartoons, Monsters Inc., all the rides in Bugland, Midway Mania, the playground by the Orange, and Brother Bear adventure playground.. etc.... this list doesn't count all the shows and food that can be enjoyed with little kids. Needless to say we have a blast every time, and find new tricks with every trip.
Okay, so here's some random pictures of what the kids have been up here at home.
I know when things get too quiet I need to go find Kimball, and this is where I happened to find her today. Yes, I told her "no" and did my serious face, only after I got a picture. I guess it's time to start potty training?
What? What are you looking at?
Jack is really wanting to crawl, but this is all he can manage for now.
In Disneyland, we go on Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Train, Small World, anything in Storybook land, the Carousel, the Tiki Room, the Jungle Cruise, the petting zoo, and Roger Rabbit just to name a few. AND, in California Adventure there is the Animation room where we do Turtle Talk and watch cartoons, Monsters Inc., all the rides in Bugland, Midway Mania, the playground by the Orange, and Brother Bear adventure playground.. etc.... this list doesn't count all the shows and food that can be enjoyed with little kids. Needless to say we have a blast every time, and find new tricks with every trip.
Okay, so here's some random pictures of what the kids have been up here at home.
Kimball loves to hide, and sit in baskets.
9 comments:
Check you out!! Those are so cute. I love the bandanna skirt! I wish I could make one for Emery, but it would be a little short lol.
There is a friend on my blog friends list, Vanessa, that does little tutorials on how to make skirts out of table cloths and sheets. And they are so easy and cute! You should check it out, miss Martha.
Oh and I love the pic of Kimball in the toilet! And that you took the picture and THEN told her no. LOL Classic!
That is really funny! She is one of the 'army wives' she's hilarious!
Mandy you stud! I need to get a sewing machine - will you teach me everything you know??!
I miss you guys!
Can we start counting down the days till summer yet??
Your sewing skills are wonderful, I love Kimball's skirt, and more and more I see that she is Jason's daughter. It looks like Jack is almost reaady to crawl. Look out world another Hafen is on the move.
Check out Makeitandloveit.blogspot.com she has some cute things...you go girl!!
way to go MANDY! congrats on the skirt and i now have to tell kara she can make one if she uses the whole bandanna for emery instead of halfing it..i'm emailing you right now as well on your questions about the table cloth skirt. talk to you soon!
oh and you and josh sort of look alike...you are cuter though! ;) i'm sure he'll love me for that.
Your kids are so cute! ANd I love the craftiness! I love the skirt and it sent me on a search to find out how to do it, so thanks for sharing! Do you guys have passes to D-land? I'm thinking I want some of those! It sounds like you have so much fun!
The recipe for the ice cream cone cake, is on the back of the Keebler ice cream cups box. It was easy!
Basically you just wrap the base of the cone in foil and dump in the mix half way and cook. (if they aren't perfectly flat they will spill over the cone though)
Post a Comment