Yes, we headed to Disneyland again, but this time with all of my sisters. It was fun to have Sammy and her family there, who lives in Texas. My parents were kind enough to come and help wrangle the 6 kids (all under the age of 2) we had all between us. It was great because Kimball got to be there to celebrate her 2nd birthday. So she got her little pin, and everyone said "happy birthday" to her. She was even dancing by a rag-time piano player who saw her pin and started playing her "Happy Birthday". She loved it and danced around.
Nana even got Kimball her first present of the day, this plush Mickey. She held it all day long, especially on Pirates of the Caribbean. She loves that ride, but the drops are starting to make her just a little nervous.
We had a little impromptu birthday party with cupcakes at the hotel to celebrate, but her real party will be with her cousins at the pool later this month.
One of the best parts of the trip for Kimball was having her cousin Ashton there. These have too much fun together. Even sharing strollers...
...and Nana and Papa. It was a great couple of days there. There's something about Disneyland that I just love, even if I'm prego and can't go on a lot of rides, I just love being there. So, I have to brag about one of the Disneyland workers that helped me out. Right after I took this pic, Kimball managed to kick off her shoe and have it fall underneath the train. It landed all the way underneath by the the far rail next to the wheel. I told the train conductor guy, a young kid name Zachary, and he climbed all the way under and got it for me. I didn't think it was reachable, and that I was going to have to wait until after the train left to be able to get it, but no, this kid just dove under the train and grabbed it for me. Awesome!
Jack even decided he could have a good time riding around strapped to Jason.
So, after a few days at Disneyland, we managed to make it home completely exhausted. We were lucky enough to have Sammy and David stay with us for the weekend before they headed back up to Midway yesterday. It was fun to hang out with her and her family because we really only get to see them 2-3 times a year. I can't wait for them to be done with dental school so they can hopefully move a little closer.
Here are a few reminders of how far our crazy girl has come.
5 comments:
You love Disneyland even when your prego? Is that an announcement? I'm glad you all had fun and Happy (much belated) Birthday to Kimball!
I am super jealous that you got to go to disneyland... again! It really is sooo much fun. And just wait until everyone can ride the rides together, it's even more fun! I am really rethinking the whole season pass thing.
I'm so glad you had a great time in DL! It was good to see you guys, your kids are so dang cute.
You're pregnant again already?! CONGRATS!!! When are you due? I told Jeremy it was probably going to end up that we're having a kid every other time you do. ;) What great parents you are taking your daughter to Disneyland for her 2nd birthday. Isis got to spend it at home with her fun mom and dad. And we only made "birthday" cookies. Good thing our girls can't compare birthdays yet. :) We need to get together again soon. Let us know when you're up for something.
You totally slipped up didn't u?! Haha! Congrats preggers!!!
Post a Comment