Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Jason's Biggest Challenge ever...

Was to get me to leave our kids and have a vacation without them. Well, it finally happened. He convinced me that we had to get away before #3 was born, because it's much harder to get people to watch 3 kids. So, for the first time since Kimball was born (2 year and 2 months ago), Jason and I spent a night (actually 2 nights) away from our kids. Jason and I went to Mesquite, I know, not very far, but it's all about the baby steps. We got massages, then the next day went to St. George where we went to the temple, ate at Olive Garden (twice), saw a movie, and just mozied around St. George. We took pictures to actually record this momentous occasion.

It was the St.George Marathon weekend... which became the source of many jokes between the two of us as we watch all the skinny people at the Olive Garden, all trying to "carbo-load." Needless to say our waitress didn't ask if we'd be participating in the event, but she did ask many other diners around us. We weren't too offended. But, it was the skinniest group of people at Olive Garden that I've ever seen. I almost took a picture of them all, but decided I don't want to post randoms on my page. Jason decided that he could handle a marathon... or at least pretended to up on Dixie Rock.

Okay, so we did manage to leave the kids behind, but doesn't mean we didn't miss them, just a little bit. Even so much that we felt compelled to cozy up to some fake kids
.


All and all, we had a great time just laughing and being silly. We owe a huge THANK YOU to Kortni and Jordon for watching our kids.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so awesome!! Good for you two! Maybe we'll get brave and try that out. :)

Kara said...

I love you guys crack me up!!