Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Getting Caught-up Part 1: The Hafen Retreat

In August, all of Jason's family (minus Brandon and Cara who live in Idaho) got together for our reunion. Someone (I can't remember who) said we can't call it a reunion, because we all see each other way too often for that title, so now it's been rebranded as the Hafen Retreat. It was a great weekend getting hang out with everyone.

The adults planned little activity camps for the kids on the first morning there. Danette and I tag-teamed the "Little Squirts" camp with toddler. They got to finger paint and then splash around in a little pool.

Here's Kimball enjoying her paints.


Jack also enjoyed his paints. We can't really figure out how they got on his face.


But I do know how the paints got on his back. I couldn't help but play in the paints, and I figured what better canvas, than Jacks back.


The painting only lasted so long, so Kimball and Jack ditched their artwork for the buckets filled with water, squirt bottles and sponges.


The next day we had lunch at an awesome park that had a little pool/pond for the kids (and some of the adults too) to play around in.

Kimball and Jack decided that collecting all the sponges was more fun then the cold water.


Tod, Jason, and his mom, Susan getting out of the sun.

Before the retreat Carmen (the organizer for this year) told each family to prepare a video to be shown on movie night. I'll try to post the new video once we get more memory installed on our computer... but here are some pictures of the prep time. Our video was Cirque Du Hafen.
This is Kimball getting in character.

And Jack, ready to show off all of his tricks.

I don't have just a picture of Jason in "character" but it was classic. He was in spandex pants and a sweater vest. He's such a great sport, and always very willing to go the extra mile (or should I say extra sock) for a laugh.

We had a great time with the good food, a great family testimony meeting, getting to watch Kimball and Jack play with their cousins, and late night laughs with the adults. Thanks everyone!!

No comments: