Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Kids and Father Daughter Camp Outs

Can I just tell you how much I love happy kids? Well, I do. And I think I have some of the happiest kids in the world. I'm not saying I have anything to do with this... No, it's mostly because they have their dads temperament, but either way, I love them.
After bath time, the kids love to spin on the computer chair. They love it and laugh and giggle.

This is what I found when I went out in the back the other morning. Jack was pedaling Kimball's tricycle around with Tod hitching a ride. It didn't last long, because Tod kept trying to get Jack off, so he could pedal. Oh, to be the littlest one, waiting to get big enough to do the "big" kid things.

On to the Father Daughter Camp Out. Jason's brothers try to take their daughters on an annual camp out, and this year Jason took Kimball for the first time. Needless to say, she had a blast. She had been talking about sleeping in a tent and camping for the last 2 months (I think she saw something on Bubble Guppies about camping).

Kimball and her cousins, who she will follow around all day long, or all morning long, as I heard that it started pretty early at 5:30am or so.


And, I love this picture because it shows how dirty her face was. I love the dads for doing this, because you know if the moms had been there, Kimball's face would have a wet wipe taken to it. But not with the dads, who cares about clean faces and wet wipes. I actually got to see this face, because she came home with it looking just the same. Thanks Jason and the other Hafen dads for doing this for your girls. Great memories!


Tod has become very chatty. We can't really tell what he's saying but he definitely knows what he's saying. He walks (yes, he's been walking for about a month now) around the the whole house laughing and saying all sorts of jibberish.

As for me, I can't believe how blessed I am as a mother and a wife. I got to teach Young Womens on Mother's Day and I asked the girls what did their moms (or any mom) do that made them excited to be a mom or something that they're excited to do with their own kids. As I sat there, I pondered my own mom and some of the things she did (and still does) for us as our mom. I am so grateful to have a mom that played with us. A couple of the young women have nicked-named me "Sis. Playful" and I had to tell them that my mom is the original "Sis. Playful." She's the one that taught me how to play because she played with us. Because of her, I try not to miss a chance to push my kids on swings or take them down a slide, or chase them around the house. I hope I can play with them as much as my mom played with me.
Thanks MOM - the Original Sis. Playful!

No comments: