Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nesting Instinct... where has it been all my life?

So, we found that camera, (in Jason's jacket pocket) and since then I've been trying to get some fun videos and pictures of the kids. But this is as good as it gets.

Since the last blog post, my nesting instinct has kicked in. I guess someone knows that I need to get a little more organized before #3 kid makes it here. I don't know why I didn't feel this kick in the butt with Kimball and Jack, maybe they tolerate dis-organization as much as I do. Either way, this new kid isn't... and he has let me know.



Jason and I have managed to make a real play area for the kids, actually organize our laundry room where I keep the kids clothes, made it to the temple, I finished a sewing project, made 3 different batches of cookies, cleaned my house (okay that should happen every day, but I consider once a week fantastic), and took the kids swimming. We've also tried to stalk up on diapers and baby wipes too. It may not seem like a lot to an outsider, but to us in the house, it was nice to get these things done and has made our lives a little easier. I hope #3 (Tod) appreciates all of the work his parents have done.


Aside from that, our lives are pretty boring, just waiting on the world to change. Really were just trying to be patient for this new baby. Anyone that's talked to me lately knows that I am getting pretty impatient, and would have the baby tomorrow if he was full term and healthy. Until then, we'll keep making brownies and letting the kids enjoy the licking the bowl. And Kimball will keep finding new ways to entertain herself. Most of those things require some sort of assistance getting un-stuck.



But, here's some videos of how much the Kimball and Jack love playing with each other. They really have become "partners in crime."


They think it's so funny to hide from me, and where one goes, the other is quick to follow.



Jack and Kimball love this basket, and for some reason, think tipping themselves over in it is great fun. Good thing they don't cry to easily, but if you see them with bruises, this should explain it.

2 comments:

Shannon Withaeger said...

Mandy! I love your blog. I especially love the many funny pictures of Kimball in funny predicaments. I want to make a book solely dedicated to her, lol.

Sammy said...

Ashton made me play that video of them in the basket 6 times. He misses them - so sad. We're booking tickets for this summer tonight we'll let you know the dates. Love you all!