Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Taking One for the Team

How can you tell a Dad/Husband loves his family? This is how...Jason traded in his beloved truck for a mini-van. (Yes, we're officially part of the mormon mafia with our new van and a 3rd kid on the way.) I tried to tell him that he didn't have to that that we could trade in my car, but he said "No, we have a 2 car garage and I want to be able to fit 2 cars in it." This is what was decided after we did some extensive measuring and figured we couldn't fit the truck and a van in our garage. And just like that, Papi Chulo (his trucks nickname) was gone. We did get a good deal on a '07 Dodge Grand Caravan, with low miles and automatic everything, but it's no Papi Chulo. So, out of respect I will have a moment of silence for Jason's F-150. May his next owner treat him well. Your kids and wife love you tons and tons Jason!

Aside from Jason taking one of the team, and me taking the fall, things around here have been pretty entertaining. Kimball is understanding almost everything that goes on around her, so there was no way that we were going to get away without doing something for Valentines Day. So, the kids both received a card that played music and some little treats. Yes, I did let them eat their treats for breakfast. If you can't shove a handful of M&M's in your mouth on Valentines morning when can you?


I've also been trying to be crafty, so I finally finished these little flags made out of Jason's old work shirts. Not too hard to make, just time consuming to cut and prep all the material. Now Jack finally has a little decoration on his side of the room. And, with the help of Shannon (a fellow YW leader) Kimball has a new tutu to strut her stuff in. Thanks Shannon.








And, here's just some random funny pictures of the kids.








This is where the kids hang out while Jason is making cake. They've become good taste-testers.








This is what I get when I ask Kimball to "smile" for a picture.








Jack with a fistful of candy in his mouth, the best breakfast of his life.







I'm, hopefully, almost done with this pregnancy. I'm officially more pregnant than I've ever been, now that I'm past 37 weeks and 2 days. I know I don't get any sort of sympathy from those that go to their due date, so I won't complain. I'm just hoping my sister Sam and Mom are here for the delivery which will hopefully happen this weekend. So, the next post may include details of our new little boy and his arrival... here's hoping.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck with the birth! I hope all goes well! (And until you hit that lovely 41 week mark you will get no pregnancy sympathy from me). Still I do hope #3 comes before then. I don't with 41 weeks on anyone.

Shannon Withaeger said...

Your blogs never cease to make me laugh. I freakin' love Kimball! She has the funniest pictures ever! Good luck with getting baby Tod out. Let me know if you need any help with anything! Babysitting, etc!