Thursday, April 1, 2010

D-day Survival

I have officially survived the first day of Jason's return to work. In anticipation of his day (which I referred to as D-day) I started contemplating all the worse case scenarios which included the house burning down, me not showering, all three kids crying all day long, exploding diapers, and a various of other potential traumas. Thankfully, none of these imagined traumas occurred, and the kids and I all had a pretty good day at home. I actually made a real dinner, which wasn't a normal occurrence even before Tod was born. And, I even showered and got a batch of laundry done.


I was beginning to feel so empowered that by Tuesday, I accepted an invitation from some of the Hafen sisters and sister-in-laws to meet at a park. So I packed up all of the kids, and met them at park. I am grateful to have this group of awesome women to hang-out with and am always amazed at how much they are willing to help me juggle my little ones. And, I'm grateful to older cousins that are willing to help my kids too. The kids had a great time running around (Tod enjoyed his carseat - well, kind of) and I had a blast getting out of the house and getting some fresh air too.




Jack wanted to rock out on this four-wheeler the whole day, and Kimball was almost impossible to get down from on top the the playgrounds (until she discovered this pretty tall slide).







The week before Jason had to go back to work, we headed up to St.George to have my sis-in-law Kim take some pictures of the kids. She is AMAZING! I'm not kidding, she really is awesome. You can see more of her work at abeandkimphotography.blogspot.com. She managed to capture the kids in some great shots (as you will notice new pictures of the kids all over the blog). She even managed to capture a couple of shots of me holding Tod, which I had told her not to take, but she knew that I would regret it.. and she was right. THANKS Kim!




Tod is doing well and gaining weight. He is now officially 8 lbs 2 oz as of this morning. Look, he has a chubby cheek to lay on now. He is a happy boy as long as he is fed and has a comfortable place to sleep. Jason was saying it's like we have 2.5 kids, because Tod is so low maintenance. I'm thankful for that. After we got his eating figured out, he has been a very easy baby so far.




Kimball and Jack continue to enjoy their new little brother, but mostly they love each other. They keep each other busy and laughing as the run throughout the house and wrestle one another. Sometimes they head upstairs while I'm attending to Tod, and I always know there's trouble if it gets too quiet. Just today, it got quiet, and before I could get upstair to check on them, I see Jack on the stairs with black stuff on his hands and face. I thought they had found a black marker, nope... they found my make-up and my mascara. Good thing I don't wear water-proof mascara.






I can't wait until Tod is big enough to join in on the fun and bruises.

2 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

Your pictures are too cute! Good luck with managing three kids.It is a roller coaster, but certainly worth it.

Becky said...

Very cute pictures! Your family is lovely. I remember when my mom finally left me after my second was born. I thought I might die. I didn't. But it was scary (and she was around for 3 months). Good luck! I'm glad your first day with 3 went well.