Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tod and Easter Updates

Yes, we're still here. Tod is getting bigger every day (9 3/4 lbs now). I keep telling him "you're a real boy" because he'll make eye contact and smile, and if I'm lucky he'll start cooing. He's a good low-maintenance baby. He just needs food and sleep. We love him. He may be the favorite. However, the poor kid has had the worst case of baby acne I have ever seen in my life. It has been more traumatizing for me than for him (of course), but maybe this means he'll have clear skin as a teenage. Here's hoping.






Kimball and Jack have been keeping us on our toes. They had a fun time Easter morning with little bags of treats. We kept trying to explain about the meaning of Easter, but I'm afraid they haven't quite caught on yet.










Kimball decided to make her own fun by playing "How many Easter Egg candies can you fit in your mouth at the same time"? This was the result.








Tod got to meet Grandma Great this week. It's fun to see our kids get to know some of their great-grandparents. I only have vague memories of meeting one of my great-grandma's, so I'm grateful that our kids are having a chance to get to know a few great-grandparents. I hope pictures of these moments will help our kids remember these amazing people that are so much apart of who they are.

And, I can never post without adding a video or two (really these are for my sister Abbey, who is always harassing me about adding videos and not blogging enough).




This is Kimball's latest trick at the pool... a back flip.
Notice how she even grabs her legs to get a good tuck.



Kimball and Jack have learned that bed-time doesn't necessarily mean that they have to fall asleep immediately. This is what these two were up to an hour after we put them down. Yes, they were playing quietly for an hour until their giggles got the best of them.

No comments: