My little sister Sammy, is always trying to convince me to start crafty projects. We talk about all the cool things we see and how we could make more a lot of it. Well, she finally convinced me of a project worth while - a quiet book. Making it through a whole sacrament meeting is quite a challenge for our little family so "out of desperation" to do so, I started this project. We've spent many hours on the phone discussing different pages, what works, our sewing machines, and all sorts of other issues. I can even say that I've lost sleep over this silly little book, as I lay in bed thinking of other pages I could do, and how to do them. Sammy explained on her blog that it was a good thing she wasn't a perfectionist, or else this project would never be completed. I second that. So here Sam, this is my final result (even though I'll be adding more pages later).
The front cover
So, miracle of miracles, I finished a sewing project. The good thing about this little book is that I can keep adding to it. I just consider it finished because the covers are finished, so it's functional. But as my sister and I have become quite obsessed, we keep finding ideas of other pages from other peoples blogs. Thus, more pages will be added in the future. Oh, Sam, I would recommend that you sew all the way around the gumballs on the velcro page, they take quite a beating being pulled on and off. The felt is already separating from the pellon.
4 comments:
That is soooo cute! I tried to make one once but used laminated paper and velcro...not so quiet. Well done!
If you guys need more crafty things to do check out this blog (if you haven't already) http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com
Super cute could you just make two more for me :) I will pay!
ohh good job!! I'll post a pic of the house page soon. You have now motivated me to finish my cover!!
...Wow...
Post a Comment